Friday, October 3, 2008

nutella is a staple

Friday we had our Italian oral exam. Erika and I were partners. And WE both did very well. We each got a 92. The teachers here are so much easier than at BYU. We had to write a paper for our humanities course. Our teacher said he didn’t want it to be more than 200 words. So EASY! Its like a paragraph. Friday Erika and I tried pane forte, its a Tuscan specialty. It was very good but it would have been better with tea to dip it in because it was very hard. We also did genology again at the church.

Saturday we went shopping in Florence. Sunday we had church. Jo came over and we watched a movie in our apt again. I started to feel sick Sunday night so I went to bed early. Monday we had school and afterwards I slept all afternoon.

Sunday, Anna had made a cake that we put nutella on it was delicious. Our host brothers LOVE nutella. It is a staple in their diet. Ben our host dad had a piece of cake with a HUGE glob of nutella. I pointed out to everyone that he had almost 3x the amount of nutella as opposed to cake. Ben said that he doesn’t eat nutella very often. Alberto said no no no. One day Anna and I went to the market and bought nutella and the next day it was all gone…. Lui lui lui and he did a bunch of scooping actions of Ben eating Nutella.


Monday night my host mom, Anna who doesn’t speak very good English was trying to tell me that she would make chicken noodle soup for me tomorrow. She talks to us through actions and some words in both English and Italian. She said pollo and soup and then she held her throat. I understood. She was going to make me soup to help my throat. Grazie Anna. SO Ben was like you are going to kill Emily tomorrow like a chicken. It was really funny. We all started laughing

No comments: