Thursday, September 25, 2008

Octopus and Dorthy



I ate octopus for dinner. minus the suction cup things. i cut those off.

I was thinking last night how IRONIC my life has become.

the two food I dislike the most would be
1. seafood
2. mushrooms

My mom can attest to that.

In Siena my host family eats seafood at LEAST 6 days a week and my host dad is a member of a mushroom club here in siena and loves mushrooms.

needless to say my horizions are expanding.

Yesterday morning our itlaian class was cancelled and humanites was move to 2 oclock so we had all morning to explore Siena. Every WEdnesday moring there is a market in the park and Erika, Jo and I went shopping. I bought a cute purple peacoat jacket for 25 euros such a steal. a sweater and some other stuff. I also found some delicious dried pineapple. As we were walking through the food part of the market there was a stand that had a dried pig on the counter. HEAD and ALL! it was insanse. We just stood there for a moment looking at it..

Results of the market.

Yesterday afternoon I found an atlas in our house and I showed Ben (host dad) that KC was in the middle of hte US and I never had seafood cause we dont have any near us. Then I explained that BYU is like and 18hr drive my KC. He was surprised.
Then at dinner (Erika was at her cooking class) that night he told the rest of the family. I think they thought that KC and BYU were like from their house abnd the 15 min bus ride to Siena. not exactly. Alberto (host brother) realized that he knew Kansas and he kept saing Kansas like Dorthy... YEAH! so he got a funnel out and started to do a little dance and said Guesseppi (host brother) was the tin man.
Alberto found a DVD and we watched a movie that Guessepi had made 2 years ago with his class, he was the tin man. It was the Wizard of Oz and it was so cute! haha


Siena is has the best markets!
p.s. I actually just had a small bite of octopus. But thats practically eating it for dinner... right?

No comments: