Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let Dreams Be Dreams

This has been such a good week. Sunday church was really good and after church Erika and I went to the internet café where we e-mail our families and such. Then I took a nap. It was good to be warm and comfy after dealing with rain all weekend. We also found MTV and CNN on the little TV in our room.

Monday we had class then Johanna and I went shopping and I bought a scarf and I found this really cute leather jacket I am keeping my eye on. Then we met Erika at the bus stop and we went shopping at the United Colors of Benton Outlet. I got some sweet European jeans and some sweaters.

Tuesday Peter took the watercolor class to Florence for the day. It was so beautiful, the sun was shinning and the sky was blue. Peter walked us around for a while then took us to a museum (i temporarily forgot the name). Afterward Alyssa, Johanna, Chelsea and I got a quick lunch at this sandwich and wine store. Then we climbed to the top of the Dome. It’s the fourth largest building in Europe. There are only 416 steps not as many at St. Peters 523. Then The 4 of us went to the Ufize museum and I have this super sweet pass where we can just walk into the museum without standing in line. This museum houses Michelangelo’s sculpture of David. I didn’t realize how large the statue was. We turned the corner in the museum and taaaa daaa there David stood in all his glory. It is amazing to me that Michelangelo created this statue at the age of 29.

Afterward we shopped as we made our way back to the meeting spot to return to Siena.

When I got back to our house I saw that I had finally got the package that my mom sent me over a week and a half ago! I was so happy. I had clothes and my camera cord! I couldn’t stop smiling. Tuesday night for dinner, just as I was sitting down the phone rang and Anna answered and gave it to me and it was MOM!!!! Yaye I was so shocked at first to have her call me I didn’t believe it.

Wednesday morning Erika and I had no trouble with the bus Horray!

Florence sends love.

P.S. I had a dream in Italian.

P.S.S. I am going to try and upload a video of our walk to school late this week as well as pictures!

Love you all

1 comment:

Jenny From The Block said...

Mamma Mia! That's a spicy life you're living over there in the land of ceaseless pasta dishes. Glad to see you're keeping yourself centered by exploring the wonderful world of Italian leather goods. Molto buono.
Your watercolor classes sound great. You could not be in a more beautiful place for painting. And I'm glad you got to see the statue of David. I just have to say it: Cute buns, huh? Let's just say he's been "nicely chiseled".
I look forward to reading more of your adventures, Emily. I've got you in my thoughts always.
Ciao for now,
Jenny From The Block (in sunny California!)