Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad Engineering, Bike Gangs and Home Theaters.





Jo and I in front of a church in Florence












Jo, Me, Chelsea and Alyssa at the top of the dome in Florence





Quick play by play of the week and then I tell you the cool stuff.


Thursday Erika was in Florence so Jo and I just ran around Siena and shopped.

Friday night Erika and I went to the church and watched the testaments with the missionaries! Yeah Friday night movie!


Saturday was amazing. I woke up early and met Johanna, Shannon, Rachel, Erin, and Chelsea at Piazza Gramsci at 6.50. We headed off to Pisa and Luca for the day.

First stop was Pisa.


I AM HAD TO DO IT!


Jo, Shannon and I climbed to the top of the tower for 15 euros which with the crappy exchange rate is 25 bucks… I know but once in a life time… totally worth it. In Pisa we also went into the church and the cemetery.



PHOTO OP!












Then around noon we headed off to Luca. After about an hour bus ride we arrived in the cutest little town. We

found a pizza shop that was recommended by Rick Steves. Then we rented bikes for an hour.


Luca is a small town surrounded by walls.These walls are so cool because you are able to run and bike on them! Its about 2.5 miles around the town on the walls and on bikes you can make it around twice in an hour! This is what we did along with taking a ton of pictures!!! Some guy almost ran into Erin. He slammed on the brakes to miss her and went flying over the handle bars


After riding bikes we walked through the town and found an antique sale in a piazza.


Then we got back on the bus and headed to Florence where Shannon, Jo and I caught a train back to Siena while the other girls took a bus. Overall Saturday was amazing.


Sunday Erika and I went to church and then to the internet café. Jo came over in the afternoon and Erika and I pushed our beds together and the three of us watched Pride and Prejudice. Kiel called in the middle and I got to talk to him for a while then my family called right before dinner! It was seriously one of the best weekends ever.

This week we have papers, test and homework due but the goal for this weekend is another trip out of Siena!

Jo and I eating gelato in Luca


This morning Erika and I found the best present in the fridge. OCTOPUS! Tentacles and everything! ahh hope its not for dinner!


Siena sends Love


Funny quote of the week

First Sunday in Siena we were at church and one of the Elders is explaining all the Genealogy that needs to be done and since there are 24 of us we can do a lot to help. “We just want to take advantage of you while you’re here”

3 comments:

Johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johanna said...

AH- i left the wrong comment the last 2 times i tried.

haha

what i was trying to say was--

That was a fun filled day for SURE! one of many more to come :)