Sunday, October 5, 2008

for prevention



Tuesday I still felt sick so I slept in, went to art class came home and tried to sleep some more. Wednesday we woke up early and went to the market to buy some more yummy dried fruit. Then we had Italian again and Humanities. I came home and slept and did some homework.
Thursday all 24 of us met peter at the train station and we went to Florence. Peter too the watercolor class (which I am in) to Santa Maria Novella first. Then we went to a couple other churches that had famous frescos around Florence. Then Peter took us to his favorite gelato place. I got hazelnut (my favorite), mapo, (pink grapefruit-I think) and coconut (another favorite). Then we met the rest of the girls in front of the church were Fra Angelico lived. Then Peter took the second group around Florence.


Johanna, Alyssa, Chelsea Karli and I went around Florence. I got a really good pizza for lunch and then we went to a little market. I found the best leather purse EVER! It is gorgeous!! Then we went to the Pitti Palace, where the Medici family lived. We only had time to tour the gardens. Then Erika, Johanna and I found a paint store so I could buy more watercolors and then we took the bus back to Florence. That night Anna made the best pizza I have ever had. One had zucchini and the other was just cheese. Alberto had hotdogs on his pizza. That boy has a weird sense of taste. He doesn’t like cheese! Crazy
Our very fidgity humanities teacher

Friday Peter took us to Buonconvento. Our humanities teacher Alessandro came with us too. We had a quick tour of Buonconvento then we went to Monte Oliviteo. Basically all that is there is an abbey. We toured the abby which had a lot of frescos on the wall and then Peter bought us a really nice lunch at the cafe next to the abby.
We got back to Siena around 4. Erika, Johanna and I did our sightseeing and tours of Siena. We went to Museo d’ Opera, the Duomo, the baptistery and the crypt. Then we went home to get our computer and went to church then to the Irish Pub to use the internet for a couple hours because we were in withdrawals.

Saturday, the boys have school which sucks, Erika and I woke up and studied for our test on Monday then we went to the pub again and then to church. We came home and I had told our host mom Anna and I really liked veggies. Since then she has made us zucchini and tonight we had eggplant and squash risotto. Yummy.

So Friday night Erika and I got home around 10.30 and Ben was sitting at the table watching animal planet. He told that the on Saturday he has going to buy some shampoo for prevention... (Prevention for WHAT?) He said tuberculosis. Uh huh. Then he started to explain that Chinese and African immigrants bring diseases. (Yeah, cause I come in contact with those people daily). So Saturday night he brought us the bottle to use for prevention… yeah right! Erika and I deciphered the bottle with our Italian dictionary; apparently it prevents you from getting louse, larve and eggs. Do I look like I have those? NO! So the question is do we use this and risk waking up bald or waking up with some eggs in our hair? We still have no idea why he said tuberculosis.

No comments: