Friday, November 14, 2008

the end.

Well its here. the end. Erika and I made our last walk to school this morning.

We spend most of today we spent saying our goodbyes to our beloved Italian teacher and our wonderful chef.



Alessandro and Enzo, our humanities and italian professors on our last day of class.


We woke up to a cloudless sky and knew today was going to be great. Erika and I caught the bus to school flawlessly. (it finally took us 2 months to master this public transportation system).
We got to school and began our finals. These were the two easiest finals of my life. Our Italian was only about 20 questions and humanities was two essay questions about 150 words long.


When we finished our finals Erika and I strolled up to Piazza Gramschi and did our 'tourist' thing along the way. We turned around and hit the the internet cafe on the way back to school.

As we were leaving the internet cafe, the lady who ran it asked if we are sisters...

What do you think?

At 1 o clock we had our farewell lunch. It was delicious.

Throughout our program we all talked about our lives at home but not to the extent we did today. For most of us this was a 3 months vacation from reality. With only 1 week left we all are stating to talk more about home and the lives we have going on there.

This is the highlight. Okay so in September I bought a snazzy green umbrella here in Siena. When I was in Milan, I was walking out of the subway my umbrella fully broke. Great. So the next day it was raining so i bought a new black one with a sweet handle. I just figured that it would last me the 4 weeks I had left in Europe. Today as I was leaving school it was raining and so i pulled out my umbrella and this is what happened.

Taaaa daaa. Seriously?

I just busted up laughing. just my luck. So on our way home I bought a flashy bright pink one. 3 weeks I am hoping that this one will last me the 3 more weeks I have left.


Once we got home we Alberto and Guessipi had friends over and were using the computer in our room. All I wanted to do was take a nap and use the internet. I tried using the internet but because there were 3 computers on it i guess it was overloaded. haha europe. So I took a quick nap, the boys left then i got to use the internet. Its still a little picky on which webpages it will load. but hey i can't complain.

siena sends love


No comments: