Sunday, November 9, 2008

countdown



I feel as though the countdown has begun. We have finals this week and then we leave Seina in 7 days! I can't believe is almost over. I am excited to spend a week in Venice though. Then Greece and Spain!

Here are some lovely photos of the week.

Signor Bebelacqua. (Mr. Drink-water, Yeah that is his actual name) Our phonetics teacher/actor from Rome.


In our last phonetics class we learned some very valuable phrases.
"la citta e bella perche l'amiable "
"The city is beautiful because it is lovely"

Erika and I decided that makes absolutely no sense. We came up with some other sentences that were similar.

"You are fat because you are obese"
"You are ugly because you are not good-looking"




Take 10

Tuscany

Pottery shops in San Gimigano

Kendis and I in front of one of the many towers in San Gimigano


Everyday our bus drops us off near the church on the left, San Domenico, We walk past the Duomo (center one) and school is next to that FAR church on the right.

Medici fortress in Siena.

Chelsea and I in Il Campo

So this weekend we just traveled around tuscany. Saturday night, Johanna, Erika, Chelsea and I got Chinese food and had movie night. It was a great change of pace.
Also our host family -finally- got internet in the house (wireless. Wahoooo!) so i am writing this from the comfort of home and not the beloved Irish Pub. :)

Siena sends love!

1 comment:

The White House said...

I cant wait to see you. I am sure you are going to bring a little fo italy home with you. We will look forward to it. YOu look great