Monday, December 1, 2008

spain

Since my trip is over in 2 days my mom keeps bugging me about updating my blog. Its almost over does anyone even read this any more? I think its only her and i talk to her almost daily and tell her what i am doing so Mom this is so you can know what i have done this past week and a half and you can read it anytime you want. my blog is now updated. :)

I went to Athens, Greece. Hostel was great. We had a roomie from Chile. She had been traveling for weeks. She spend 6 hours in a museum we spent 2 in. Their was also a guy that looked like Johnny Depp.
We went to an island of the coast of Greece and met a old man from England that used to be a teacher and now lives on aegina (the island). he taught us many great things about the island. sadly we learned no Greek.

With only 4 lovely days in Athens we jetted off to Barcelona.. well almost. Apparently Alitalia sucks. So they changed our original flight and canceled our second so we made a full circle and we spent the night in a 4 start hotel in Rome. We felt very much at home.

The next morning we left for Barcelona. Our hostel was young hip and cool. We putted around Barcelona for 3 days going to museums, parks and enjoying the Spanish culture.

When we started out trip we didn't know how we were going to get from Barcelona to Madrid so we were looking at options. They were the following:
1. high speed train for 150 euros= 3 hours
2. overnight train for 100 euros= 8 hours
3. bus for 50 euros= 8 hours
4. plane for 56 euros= 1.5 hours.

Plane won. Saturday we took a plane across Spain to Madrid. What a great city to end with! I love Madrid. Saturday we spent walking around Puerto del Sol. Sunday we spent at church and walking around. We got into the Prado museum for free! wahoo. We spent 3 hours in there and are planning to go back on Tuesday (when its free again) because there was so much to see.

I have been trying to upload photos but the internet in my hostel is not as speedy as i wish. Therefore all you get is words


Taaa daaa mom.
Also i am sending my mother my password to my blog so she can correct all the spelling mistakes in my blog post.

countdown:
2 days until Family
9 days until Kiel

1 comment:

L McCole said...

Thanks for your update. Tomorrow I will hug you. YEAH!!!!!!! Love you more than all the hugs in the world. Mom